Favorite Moneysaving Sites

  • www.Groupon.com,
  • www.Restaurant.com,
  • www.myharvestamerica.com/fab4less

Sunday, January 9, 2011

I Love Salvage Grocery Stores

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the concept, let me introduce you. Salvage grocery stores purchase huge lots of groceries, paper products, cleaning supplies, shampoos, creams, lotions, cosmetics etc. from supermarket chains and sell them at a discount.

Many of the cans are dented or boxes are damaged but the products are perfectly good and the price is right.  If you don't believe its worth scouting out your area to find one (its as easy as going online and typing "salvage grocery" into your favorite search engine) think again.  Here is a rundown of what I spent and what I got yesterday.  I spent $24.11 (KEEP READING TO SEE HOW I REDUCED THAT COST TO $18.) and left the store with 2 big boxes containing the following:

3 boxes of Full Circle Honey Nut Flakes
4 packages of Hartz Rawhide Munchy Sticks (20 pk)
12 cans Furmano Crushed Tomatoes
5 boxes Ronzoni ready to bake lasagna noodles
1 jar (4.25 oz) McCormick  crushed garlic
1 jar Plochman spicy horseradish mustard
3 cans organic Blackbean soup
10 boxes Healthy Harvest spagetti
1 pint jar Hellman's reduced fat mayo

The above list of groceries would easily be $75.00 at your local supermarket.  But it gets even better!  I used My Harvest America's Loyalty Card and instantly reduced my cost by 25%.  MY ACTUAL COST WAS JUST OVER $18!   Every trip is a treasure hunt.  What is there today is gone tomorrow.  I never know what will be available when I get there but I do know that I will leave with lots of bargains.  If you would like to know more about how to save money on just about everything you buy, feel free to contact me.  I love saving money and I'm a walking talking savings search engine!

No comments:

Post a Comment